maandag 6 juli 2009

Gliding Certificate

On Sunday I went to the gliding club at Boonah to do my C Certificate and Exam. I had to do a flight with an instructor, practise spins and then land in a farmers field away from the airstrip. I didnt have my camera with me so sorry no photos of this flight. Here's a photo of the sky.

My flight was at 5pm and the sun was almost setting casting beautiful sunbeams onto the mountains then when it set the sky lit up a beautiful red glow.
The outlanding went perfect and I proved that I can land a glider away from the airstrip so now I am able to fly a glider on a cross country flight away from the airfield. I am looking forward to Spring and a flight along the mountains of the Scenic Rim. Oh yes, I am allowed to take friends as passengers too, I know Inge wont want to go as she gets airsick.

Geen opmerkingen: